Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Introducing... Our Daily Colossians Devotions!



Believe me, I know how busy you are. I know I’m addressing working moms who are raising kids and working full time outside the home. I'm writing for those who chase toddlers around the house all day and love it.  I hope to encourage you, college student, who may be working two or even three jobs just to pay the bills.

I know, in this season of life, how tricky it can be to get into God’s Word every single day. But I also know the beauty of God’s Word and how we need it for ammunition to stand firm, resist the enemy and shine for Christ in our day.

Get God’s Word In You so it can Shine Through You


No matter how busy we are, we each have assignments from the Lord and we are called to do His work here on earth. The best way to accomplish this is to get a daily dose of God’s Word. At Strengthened by the Word Ministries, we’ve designed a series of short, sweet devotional messages. We’ll cover a small handful of verses every day and provide you something you can watch or read while you’re putting on your makeup, while you’re enjoying your first cup of coffee, or eating breakfast.

We want to help you get God’s Word in you so that it can shine through you throughout the rest of your day. I pray that you will meet us right here every day this month as we walk through the book of Colossians and fix our minds on Christ.

Paul's Purpose


Paul wrote this letter while he was imprisoned in Rome. He was writing to address what he’d heard was going on in Colossae, which was the influence of false teaching. You might say to yourself, “I don’t need to worry about false teaching. I’m in a strong, Bible-believing church.” I commend you for choosing a strong church. But I bet you have access to the Internet or the news media. We all know there is false information that is reported. We can’t believe everything we see on the Internet or see on the news. While I’m not accusing anyone of trying to deceive or put out false information, we see that sometimes reporters don’t do quite enough research before they put out a news story. We all know that sometimes people make up information and share it on the Internet.

Put Christ First and Everything Else Falls Into Place


We don’t want to be swept away by lies but stand firm in the truth. Paul wrote to the saints at Colossae so they would be reminded that Christ is sufficient. Christ is the source of our truth. Christ is the One in whom we place our focus and worship. Everything falls into place when we put Christ first.

The book of Colossians has become one of my favorite books of the Bible because Christ is so evident. His majesty unfolds through the words that Paul used as he wrote this letter.  I’m excited to think that you’ll join me here each day as we walk through this inspirational book. Meet me right here tomorrow as we look at Colossians 1:1-2.








Cathy McIntosh is the author of Victorious: Finding Triumph When Hope Seems Lost. When you can’t see God’s activity in your situation, you might begin to feel hopeless. You’re tempted to doubt His care and involvement in your life because He feels so . . . absent. Victory feels elusive as if God intends it for everyone but you.

But God is never absent. He is as involved in your life today as He was when He protected Queen Esther and the entire Jewish nation from annihilation, and He will bring victory.  Click here to purchase.



  




No comments:

Post a Comment