Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Day Fourteen - Fixing our Minds on Christ


We're continuing our walk through the book of Colossians with some very short simple daily devotions. Now remember this is not intended to be your Bible study time. It's intended to get you in the Word for just a brief amount of time every single day so that the Word of God can shine through you.

So if you have been raised the Messiah, seek what is above, where the Messiah is, seated at the right hand of God.  Set your minds on what is above, not what is on earth. For you have died and your life is hidden with a messiah in God. When the Messiah, who is your life, is revealed then you will also be revealed with Him in glory. 

Colossians 3:1-4 (HCSB)

Here's the Question:


I've got a quick question for you today: 

When you've had a hard stressful day, how do you find your refilling? 

If you're like me sometimes I think, “You know, that was a rough day I deserve some couch time” or “I just want to binge watch my favorite TV show,” or “I just need to go on a run,” or “I can't wait to start reading my novel again.” But what I've learned over the years is that the couch doesn't refill me. The couch doesn't reset my mind and make me ready for the day ahead tomorrow. 

I've learned that if I can spend just a few short minutes with God in His Word or even put on some great worship music while I'm cooking dinner, that's what refills me.  Time with God in His Word refills my tank so that I am ready to face the world. 

Today's Colossians passage tells us is to keep our eyes and our mind on what is above - to keep our minds fixed on Christ not what is here on earth. That's where our source of strength comes from.


Today's Challenge


So, your challenge for today is to simply ask yourself “am I looking to other things to do what only God can do? Am I looking to my couch time to refill me? Am I looking to my running time to reset my spirit?” 

Those things - the things of this world - don't work.  We need to keep our eyes fixed on Jesus Christ as the source of our strength. 


Evaluate some of your activities and ask the Lord if you're putting Him first. If He shows you areas that you're not, fix those. Start to take some inching steps forward so that you can reset your habits and look to God as the source of your re-filling, your power, and your strength.


--> I pray that you're blessed today and encouraged. I pray that you are strengthened by the Word. 




Cathy McIntosh is the author of Victorious: Finding Triumph When Hope Seems Lost. When you can’t see God’s activity in your situation, you might begin to feel hopeless. You’re tempted to doubt His care and involvement in your life because He feels so . . . absent. Victory feels elusive as if God intends it for everyone but you.


But God is never absent. He is as involved in your life today as He was when He protected Queen Esther and the entire Jewish nation from annihilation, and He will bring victory.  Click here to purchase.



No comments:

Post a Comment