Saturday, March 4, 2017

Day Three - Fixing our Minds on Christ




I'm excited you've joined us! We’re about to crack into one of my top 10 verses in all of Scripture.  It’s Colossians 1:9-12

For this reason also, since the day we heard this, we have not stopped praying for you. We are asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding, so that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him, bearing fruit in every good work and growing in the knowledge of God. May you be strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for all endurance and patience, with joy, giving thanks to the Father, who has enabled you to share in the saints inheritance in the light. 
Colossians 1:9-12

This passage makes me say, "I want that!"

When my daughter was a little girl of 2 or 3 years old, she’d be playing in the living room with her toys and I’d have the television on.  When a commercial would come on and the cheerful music would start, it would capture her attention. She would stop whatever she was doing and become entranced by the commercial.  When the commercial was over, she’d look at me and say, “I want that.”

When I read this passage, I say to the Lord, “I want that!”  I want to be filled with the knowledge of His will, with all spiritual wisdom and understanding so I can walk in a manner that is fully pleasing to Him. Those are beautiful traits. I’ve prayed for them for many years – for myself, for my family, for my church, for my ministry partners, basically, everyone I know. May God fill us all with knowledge of His will, with all spiritual wisdom and understanding so that we can walk in a manner pleasing to Him.

What comes next is another treasure: Imagine yourself walking and strengthened by God’s power according to his glorious might, with His endurance, with His patience, with His joy, knowing He has qualified us to share in the inheritance of saints. There are rich, beautiful promises expressed in this passage. 

Earlier in our devotional series, we talked about being called – having a job or a Kingdom assignment to do for the Lord. This verse tells us is that we needn't walk in our own strength to accomplish that assignment. When God asks us to do something, when He prompts us in our hearts to do something for His Kingdom, He gives us everything we need. We can be strengthened according to His glorious might. So when we feel as if we don't have what it takes, we can trust that God will provide all we need.

Today's Challenge: 
My challenge for you today is this: determine if this is something you want. Do you want to walk in this manner for the Lord? I do. I want that.

If you do, ask the Lord for it. Simply pray this scripture back to Him. Ask, “Lord, please give me all knowledge of your will, spiritual wisdom, and understanding.” 

Ask for the things you want. Over the years, I have seen Him answer in a variety of ways. I know that He will answer you too. These are things the Lord wants to give to each one of us freely and generously. Will you embrace them? Will you take them on?

When you walk to serve the Lord day by day and shine for Christ. Will you know that He’s given you everything you need?

Be blessed today, be encouraged in His Word, be strengthened by His Word. I’ll see you back here tomorrow as we fix our minds on Christ.



Cathy McIntosh is the author of Victorious: Finding Triumph When Hope Seems Lost. When you can’t see God’s activity in your situation, you might begin to feel hopeless. You’re tempted to doubt His care and involvement in your life because He feels so . . . absent. Victory feels elusive as if God intends it for everyone but you.

But God is never absent. He is as involved in your life today as He was when He protected Queen Esther and the entire Jewish nation from annihilation, and He will bring victory.  Click here to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment