Thursday, April 6, 2017

Day Twenty-four - Fixing Our Minds on Christ


Welcome back! I'm on the road as you can surely tell, excited to share another daily devotion with you.  

“Tychicus, our dearly loved brother, faithful servant, and fellow slave in the Lord, will tell you all the news about me. I have sent him to you for this very purpose, so that you may know how we are and so that he may encourage your hearts. He is with Onesimus, a faithful and dearly loved brother, who is one of you. They will tell you about everything here. Aristarchus, my fellow prisoner, greets you, as does Mark, Barnabas’s cousin (concerning whom you have received instructions: if he comes to you, welcome him), and so does Jesus who is called Justus. These alone of the circumcision are my co-workers for the kingdom of God, and they have been a comfort to me.”

Colossians 4:7-11


A Behind-the-Scenes Look


Paul gives us an incredible behind-the-scenes look at his ministry. One of the things that we learn is that this is not the Apostle Paul show. He's got a variety of people who are supporting him and encouraging him, living life alongside him and doing the work of the kingdom alongside him as well.


Who is Behind the Scenes with You?


Who is your group of people that you can call on and do ministry with? And not just do ministry with but who is it that you do life with? In the works that he wrote and also in the book of Acts there were more than a hundred people who were alongside Paul - either named or unnamed. I'm sure that there were many others who walked alongside him in his ministry as well.

Challenge #1


So, I want to ask you as challenge number one, who is it that has access to your life? Who is it that can ask you the hard questions to hold you accountable and help ensure that you are walking the walk that Christ is called you to walk? 

It's almost impossible to do this life of ministry on our own. We have to rely on Christ. Sometimes Christ works in a supernatural way. More often than not, however, he works through His people. So, who is it you've allowed into your life? Do they have the ability and the permission to hold you accountable and to call you out on some things that maybe aren't going well? Often we can't see when there is a danger before us because we're too close to a situation. 

Maybe those very same people are those who encourage you and tell you,"You can do this," even when it feels like you can't. Even when it feels like you're shaking in your boots. 

So many times at Strengthened by the Word Ministries you'll hear me say "we."  I'm the face of the ministry but without the people behind me, I'm nothing. Without Christ inside of me, I am absolutely nothing. So, please know that when you hear me say "we," there is a team of people. Some have come in for just a few moments, some of them encouraged me day by day, some like my husband push me out the door and say, "You can do this. God has called you - go do it!" Those are the people that were so important and dear to me. There are people who make the "we" of a ministry. 

Something I've recently learned is that if God has given you a calling if He's given you a vision but you can't see beyond what you can personally accomplish - that's not a God-sized dream. That's not a God-sized vision.

Challenge #2



-->
My second challenge for you today is to continue to seek Him and ask who is it that you need to pull into your ministry,  whatever ministry that is.  Maybe it's raising your kids. Maybe it's your ministry at the office. Maybe it's just showing Christ as you're out and about. Who is it that you can call into your life who are going to support you, encourage you, and push you to do bigger greater things than what you can accomplish on your own. 

Seek the Lord in that and ask him to help you fulfill Kingdom work for his glory. 


Be blessed today. Be encouraged as you are strengthened by the word. I'll see you right back here tomorrow. Thank you for joining me today.



Cathy McIntosh is the author of Victorious: Finding Triumph When Hope Seems Lost. When you can’t see God’s activity in your situation, you might begin to feel hopeless. You’re tempted to doubt His care and involvement in your life because He feels so . . . absent. Victory feels elusive as if God intends it for everyone but you.

But God is never absent. He is as involved in your life today as He was when He protected Queen Esther and the entire Jewish nation from annihilation, and He will bring victory.  Click here to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment