Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Do you feel beautiful?

We were working together to get the last load of laundry folded before bed and Mike asked, “Are these your jeans or Taylor’s?” My man, working on the day’s final task that kept him from sleeping, had no idea what a flattering question that was to me. I am MANY sizes larger than my beautiful daughter, so logically there is no room for such confusion. When my brain kicked in with these practical thoughts, I made myself push them away. “Just enjoy the moment,” I said to myself, and so I did.

Mike sees me as his wife, and while covered in dust from a hard day of work around our “farm,” my hair in a messy bun and lacking even the tiniest crumb of makeup, I am beautiful in his eyes. Oh, I doubted this for many years of our marriage but have come to believe it as truth. Michael makes me feel like a beautiful princess, even when I feel and look my worst.

Even better, my Lord sees me as His child, holy and blameless in His sight. Feeling scorned and cast out, covered with sin and regret, I have spent many years doubting this truth, too, but His Word is clear. Let’s take a little Scripture journey together. Will you join me?

• “For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.” (Colossians 1:13-14 NASB)
• “yet He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach-” (Colossians 1:22 NASB)
• “all things are cleansed with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.” (Hebrews 9:22b)
• “Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” (Romans 8:1 NASB)
• “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."  (1 John 1:9 NASB)


This is the message of the cross! I am covered with sin and shame and in my flesh there is nothing good. Yet, because He caused the iniquity of all of us to fall on Him (Is 53:6), shed His blood on the cross, and conquered sin and death through His resurrection, I have been cleansed, forgiven and redeemed! The sin that separates me from My Lord is pardoned, removed as far as the east is from the west, and remembered no more! Praise His Holy Name!

May you enjoy your week, knowing that our Lord Jesus Christ cherishes YOU as His beloved child whom He set free from the bondage of sin! Even when you feel unworthy, God’s truth is still truth, and as His child, you have been washed and made whiter than snow!

As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in ignorance, but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior; because it is written, “You shall be holy for I am holy.” (1 Peter 1:14-16 NASB).

No comments:

Post a Comment