Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Well, How DO You Kill 11 Million People?

I am not a book reviewer… nor a critic.  But I feel a need to share a particular book that touched my life this month.  It stopped me in my tracks.  It made me think.  It called me to action.

How Do You Kill 11 Million People? Why the Truth Matters More Than You Think is by Andy Andrews (www.andyandrews.com).   It is a quick, easy read, yet packs quite a punch.  I read it while having my oil changed on a Wednesday.  I passed it onto a friend on Thursday, and she had it at church on Sunday, ready to share it with two more people.  

Andrews has a way of concisely demonstrating how history affects us today in our real-life situations. The book is about truth, or the lack of it, in politics.  It is not a pro-Republican, nor a pro-Democrat writing.  Rather, it is pro-USA and calls citizens to investigate facts for ourselves instead of accepting the word of many politicians, and media outlets, who don’t bat an eye when telling a lie.  

After reading it, I still have the following convictions buzzing in my mind, even two weeks later:

Why do I sit idly by and leave the political decisions of our country to others (especially when they may not consider themselves accountable to Jesus Christ?)

Why does our entire nation tolerate lies from the politicians we elect, at every level, and from both sides of the political aisle?
           
Why do we allow the bias of the media to sway our decisions instead of digging for truth?
 
Why have I allowed myself to believe that as one person, I can’t bring about change?

Why, when the Internet offers such vast information, have I neglected to learn and understand the political process?

How do I justify a lack of involvement that will affect my children and grandchildren?

Why, until now, have I shirked my responsibility to get involved?  

How Do You Kill 11 Million People is one of those books that I can’t stop thinking about.  It’s in my head, and, quite honestly, I can’t wait to get my hands on it again and read it one more time.  I encourage you to purchase it, read it immediately, and share it with as many people as you can.  Accept the call to action to get informed and get involved. 

 2 Chronicles 7:14

 If My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

 Lord, help us.  We need your healing.

1 comment:

  1. YES...! TKS for posting truth desperately needed in our country. "The pen is mightier than the sword." We've also been awakened. Look at The Obama Deception on You Tube...another dose of reality. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete