Monday, January 10, 2011

The Joy of My Salvation

Our church just started new Sunday school curriculum and our women’s group is using God’s Word to help us find joy in the journey of life. Yesterday’s focus was on the joy of our salvation.


As I prepared to lead the class, I wondered if I was alone in sometimes taking my salvation for granted. It is hard to even type those words, but if I am honest with myself, it is something that I do. I know that my salvation is secure, and that the Holy Spirit sealed me for the day of redemption. Nevertheless, the blessings of my salvation sometimes seem to be far off… for my distant future… and will not begin until I make it to heaven.

During my time in the Word last week, however, the blessings of salvation that I can experience right now came to the forefront of my mind. Today I enjoy fellowship with my Savior and know that He is constantly present, always by my side, and will never leave me nor forsake me! Today I can find joy in knowing that I am a child of God and that He pursues a deeper relationship with me! I am learning to rely on the fact that when I have nothing to offer, He will work through me with great power for His glory. When I am weak, it is then that I am strong through Christ. Moment by moment, I can tap into a source of great joy when I simply remember and reflect on what He gives me now, as well as what He promises for my eternity.

I pray today that you may find joy in your salvation and remember the security that you have in Christ.

Luke 10:19-20 (NASB): “Behold, I have given you authority to tread upon serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall injure you. Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are recorded in heaven.”

1 comment:

  1. Nicely stated Cathy!

    Like your "festive" background lights!

    Saw this on Oswald today and thought it applied:
    "We have to get rid of the idea that we understand ourselves. That is always the last bit of pride to go. The only One who understands us is God. The greatest curse in our spiritual life is pride."

    When Jesus said that he "wasn't of this world" he wasn't of "pride" either! So, hanging out with a Him is the BEST 'good influence' on us, our thoughts and resulting behaviors!

    ReplyDelete