Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Back From Hiatus

hiatus |hīˈātəs| noun (pl. hiatuses) [ usu. in sing. ]
a pause or gap in a sequence, series, or process
(New Oxford American Dictionary)

I took an unplanned hiatus from blogging.  That can’t be news to you since you can see that my most recent post was in March. I considered serving up my carefully written excuses on a blogging platter, but there’s really only one reason for my absence:  My husbands political campaign took over nearly every aspect of our lives.  

I wish I could say that my hiatus looked like this:

Really, it looked more like this:

I know that we can do ALL things through Christ who gives us strength.  I also realize that we make time for the priorities in our lives, so technically, my absence was a prioritization issue more than a time constraint. Other bigger, bolder, and more pressing priorities took over.

I didn’t have the mental or emotional bandwidth to do everything needed of me.  Something had to go, and that something was writing for God.  Maybe this makes you gasp - from where you sit, I suppose it could seem like disobedience. Believe me, I sought His will more times than I could count and cried out repeatedly, asking where I should focus my energy. I believe I stayed in God’s will, but won’t know for certain until I see Him face to face. 

Instead of elaborating on the overwhelming details of what we’ve gone through over the last three years - and more specifically over the last 11 months - what I’d rather share is the spiritual growth and surprises that we experienced along the way. After all, that’s what this blog is about:  

Finding strength in God’s Word, even when life is challenging 

Finding joy the journey

Pursuing the best that God has for His children

I pray that over the next many weeks I can put our family's experiences into words - not with a political focus, but as a demonstration of God’s faithfulness.

I pray that I can / will write again with some measure of consistency.  

I pray that you’ll receive my words again, in the time you devote to online reading.  

I pray that you and I will both receive blessing as I sort out the struggles, emotions, and joys that came through the most intense, difficult period that our family has ever intentionally faced. 

And finally, I’ll ask for your prayers as we face the final 14 days until the election.  We desperately need it. 

Sometime after 7 pm on Tuesday, November 4th 2014, we’ll know the final results of efforts that started with a small team gathered in our living room in January of 2012.  Win or lose, God is good and He is sovereign.  For that I am eternally grateful. 

I declare my trust in the Lord and in this blessed promise:

“For the LORD your God is brining you into a good land” Deuteronomy 8:7a

Will you walk with me into a good land?


Be strengthened today, by His Word
Psalm 119:28
Cathy


No comments:

Post a Comment