Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My Cup Runs Over

Its Thanksgiving week!  Where has the time gone?  Soon our small family will join hearts around the table and enjoy a feast of kings to celebrate what the Lord has done in our lives.  What reasons to rejoice! 

I’ve been in a reflective frame of mind.  I take so much for granted, and wish to be purposeful rather than cavalier with my thanksgiving.  If you will indulge me, I’ll share my thoughts …

·         I am thankful for the promise of eternity with Jesus.  By His sacrifice on the cross, He paid my ransom and set me free from the bondage of sin and eternal death.   Thank you, Lord, for making it so simple to receive You in my life!  Your Word says that whoever believes in You will have eternal life.  We need to do nothing more than accept Your forgiveness and leading in our lives.

·         He desires relationship with us.  The only thing needed to enter the presence of the King of kings is a heart that seeks Him.  When I seek Him with all of my heart, I find Him.  He is Immanuel – God with us – and He stays by my side, always.  His Holy Spirit dwells in me (and in all of His children), and I am grateful that He promises to never leave nor forsake us.  He is here to stay, and I couldn’t be more appreciative!

·         We do not walk this journey alone.  I am thankful for the loving family and caring friends that He has placed in my life.  I never imagined the support that God’s people offer one another, even in the most unexpected ways.  For those of you who have poured into my life through prayer, encouragement, love, laughter, quiet listening, Godly counsel, and an occasional cookie, I thank my Lord for you.  You know who you are, and I pray you understand the difference you make. 

·         I am thankful for the blessings He brings through trials.  I do not always feel happy or comfortable, but I can always be joyful because of His power and love in my life.  I am grateful for His promise to work all things together for the good of those He calls according to His purpose.  I wait with eager anticipation for the redemption of the hardships in my life.  There is often excitement in waiting to see how God will next reveal His power, even when things may look hopeless or impossible.

·         Without Him, I am nothing but I can do all things through Christ Who gives me strength.  I am grateful that in His strength alone, even someone like me can serve His Kingdom.   I love to feel His pleasure, even when those around me sometimes scoff and scorn.  He gently reminds me that His work is for His glory and that His grace is sufficient.  

I wish you a joy-filled Thanksgiving as you reflect on the goodness of the Lord.
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good.  His love endures forever.
Psalm 136:1(NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment